Yes!!! I plan to make this recipe this weekend!! I just can’t wait!! I love red velvet!! I love cream cheese!! And I love brownies!!!
I saw this on Pinterest and went to the website that had the recipe: Honey What’s Cooking
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION PER SERVING (yields 16 squares)
Calories: 192 cals
Fat: 11.3 g
Saturated Fat: 6.9 g
Carbs: 21 g
Protein: 2.9 g
Fiber: 0.25 g
RED VELVET SWIRL BROWNIES (adapted from Sunny Anderson)
~ yields 16 squares @ 350 degrees using a 8″ x 8″ baking tray
~ fat and calories were not reduced in this recipe.
Unsalted Butter – 8 tbsp (1 stick) – melted
Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Pinch of salt
Red Food Coloring – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1/2 tsp (original recipe is 1 tsp)
Eggs – 2
All Purpose Flour – 3/4 cup
Cream Cheese Layer:
Cream Cheese – 8 ounces (softened)
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Vanilla Extract – 1/8 tsp
DIRECTIONS for Brownie Layer:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking tray.
2. Melt a stick of butter.
3. Once melted, add it to a mixing bowl.
4. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
5. Add cocoa powder, pinch of salt, red food coloring, and vinegar.
6. Blend until well combined.
7. Add the blended eggs and combine until well incorporated.
8. Add the white flour.
9. Gently fold flour into batter.
10. Pour 3/4 of the batter into the prepared pan and reserve a 1/4 batter for later.
DIRECTIONS for Cream Cheese Layer:
11. In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, and vanilla extract.
12. Blend until smooth and creamy.
13. Add the cream cheese layer over the brownie mixture.
15. Add the remaining red velvet batter.
17. Into the oven for 30 minutes exactly – DO NOT OVERBAKE.
18. This is what you should have.
19. Cut into 16 squares. Refrigerate before serving – it tastes much better if you do.